Pokémon GO took the world by storm when it was first released in 2016, and it has remained one of the most popular mobile games ever since. With its unique blend of augmented reality, real-world exploration, and beloved Pokémon characters, it’s no wonder why this game has captured the hearts of millions of players around the globe. If you haven’t already jumped on the Pokémon GO bandwagon, now is the perfect time to download the game and start your own Pokémon adventure. In this article, we will explore all the exciting features of Pokémon GO and explain why it’s a game that you won’t want to miss.
The player’s mission in Pokémon GO is to catch as many different types of Pokémon as possible by exploring the real world.
The game uses augmented reality technology to create a virtual Pokémon world that overlays on top of the player’s real-world environment.
Players must physically move around in the real world to find and catch Pokémon, which can appear in different locations and at different times of the day.
Along the way, players can also collect items from PokéStops, battle other players’ Pokémon at Gyms, and team up with other players to take on powerful Raid Bosses.
The ultimate goal is to catch as many different Pokémon as possible, level up your Trainer, and become the very best like no one ever was!
There are 18 different types of Pokémon in the game, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Here is a list of the types of Pokémon in Pokémon GO:
Each type of Pokémon is strong against certain types and weak against others, so it’s important to have a diverse team of Pokémon to be successful in battles. For example, Water-type Pokémon are strong against Fire-type Pokémon but weak against Grass-type Pokémon.
Here are some examples of Pokémon that are strong against certain types:
- Electric-type Pokémon are strong against Water-type and Flying-type Pokémon.
- Water-type Pokémon are strong against Fire-type, Ground-type, and Rock-type Pokémon.
- Grass-type Pokémon are strong against Water-type, Ground-type, and Rock-type Pokémon.
- Fighting-type Pokémon are strong against Normal-type, Rock-type, Ice-type, Dark-type, and Steel-type Pokémon.
- Psychic-type Pokémon are strong against Fighting-type and Poison-type Pokémon.
- Dark-type Pokémon are strong against Psychic-type and Ghost-type Pokémon.
It’s important to note that the type matchup system works both ways, meaning that a Pokémon may be weak to certain types as well. For example, a Fire-type Pokémon is weak against Water-type Pokémon. To build a strong team for battles, it’s important to consider the type matchup system and choose Pokémon that complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
Powering up a Pokémon in Pokémon GO is a way to increase its stats and make it stronger in battles. To power up a Pokémon, you will need to spend stardust and candy, which are obtained by catching Pokémon, hatching eggs, and completing certain in-game activities.
To power up a Pokémon, follow these steps:
- Go to the Pokémon screen and select the Pokémon you want to power up.
- Tap the “Power Up” button located below the Pokémon’s name and stats.
- Confirm that you want to power up the Pokémon.
- Spend the required amount of stardust and candy to power up the Pokémon.
Each time you power up a Pokémon, its stats will increase, making it stronger in battles. However, note that the amount of stardust and candy required to power up a Pokémon increases as it becomes stronger, so it may take more time and resources to fully power up a Pokémon.
It’s important to use your stardust and candy wisely, as they are limited resources. Consider powering up Pokémon that you use frequently in battles or that have high potential to become strong. Additionally, consider using evolution to obtain stronger Pokémon, as evolved forms often have higher base stats and can save you stardust and candy in the long run.
– Catch everything: Catching as many Pokémon as possible will give you more stardust, candy, and experience points, which are important for leveling up and making your Pokémon stronger.
– Spin PokéStops: Spin PokéStops to get items like Poké Balls, berries, and eggs. You can also get special items like evolution stones and rare candies from spinning PokéStops.
– Join a team: Joining a team will allow you to participate in gym battles and raids, which can earn you rewards and help you level up faster.
– Use the type matchup system: As mentioned earlier, different types of Pokémon have different strengths and weaknesses. Use this knowledge to your advantage when building your team for battles.
– Evolve strategically: Evolving Pokémon requires candy, so it’s important to evolve strategically. Save your candy for Pokémon that have high potential to become strong or that have a high CP.
– Participate in events: Pokémon GO frequently hosts special events that offer bonuses and rewards. Keep an eye out for these events and participate to get the most out of the game.
– Be aware of your surroundings: Pokémon GO is an augmented reality game that encourages players to explore the real world. However, it’s important to always be aware of your surroundings and stay safe while playing.
– Use your resources wisely: Stardust and candy are valuable resources, so use them wisely. Focus on powering up and evolving Pokémon that you use frequently in battles or that have high potential to become strong.
Pokémon GO is a fun and exciting game that encourages players to explore the world around them while catching and battling their favorite Pokémon.
By following these tips and tricks for new players, you can quickly level up, build a strong team, and become a master trainer.
Remember to stay safe while playing and have fun on your Pokémon GO journey!